Levelling Up was a key part of our manifesto in 2019. Since then I have been campaigning to ensure that Montgomeryshire receives the investment in desperately needs.
Here is just some of the investment that has been announced:
- £110 million for the Mid Wales Growth Deal, delivering new growth and opportunities in Powys and Ceredigion.
- Montgomery Canal restoration through £16 million of Levelling Up funding.
- Treasury Announcement into building the Llanymynech-Pant Bypass.
- £27 million of Shared Prosperity funding for Powys regeneration projects.
- £2.7 million of Community Renewal Funding for 6 Powys Projects to boost local skills and lower carbon footprint
This investment will see much needed upgrades, and unlock further investment and growth. I am delighted that the UK Government is supporting Mid Wales and a huge thanks to the campaigners for many of these which have been working on some of these projects for decades.